Fashionably late? Justin Bieber angered many of his fans after he showed up two hours late to his concert at London's O2 Arena on Monday. The 19-year-old singer was scheduled to perform at 8:30 p.m. with doors opening at 6:30 p.m., but didn't arrive until 10:38 p.m., a concertgoer tells Us Weekly.
When Bieber finally did arrive, many fans booed the singer. The insider tells Us that Bieber's young fans were falling asleep before he finally arrived, and even began crying when they had to leave the show after only a few songs. Many had to attend school the next morning and catch last trains home from the show.
To compensate for his tardiness, the concertgoer tells Us that the Boyfriend singer had to majorly cut his set list.
"Lots of unhappy parents on a school night, but feel sorry for little kids crying because they missed half concert," one fan tweeted. "Was good though."
But some Beliebers didn't mind the long wait to see the heartthrob. "Omg! The concert was crazy!" another fan tweeted. "Had to wait a while but was totally worth it as I saw Justin Bieber finally!"
Bieber had been tweeting about his excitement for the show earlier in the day. "In a good mood. Got my friends and team with me here and ready for Day 1 at the O2," he wrote. "London get ready! BELIEVE tour."
A rep for Justin Bieber has no comment, although a separate insider at the show counters, "This is not true. He was not supposed to go on until 9:30 and he went on just after 10. He was not two hours late. There was no booing." - Reuters
- Sata visits son Kazimu in South Africa
- Interviewers seek sex from female applicants
- Educated women sexually starved - Manda
- Sata visits Kazimu in SA
- Sata doing fine, jovial - Sampa
- Chongwe woman severs husband's manhood
- Libongani explains Chibolya police marijuana picture
- Mayuka eyes English Premier League
- CBU to confer VJ, Irwin with honourary doctorates
- Chipepo orders arrest of those married to underage girls