POLICE in Lusaka have arrested a 28-year-old woman for allegedly murdering her husband using a pan brick.
Police spokesperson Elizabeth Kanjela named the woman as Charity Ng'andu and stated that the incident happened after the couple quarrelled in the early hours of yesterday at their home in Kafue's Zambia Compound.
"The incident occurred today the 28th March, 2013 around 05:00 hours. It is believed that the couple had been co-habiting for three months and had a marital dispute which led into a fight. The fight started around midnight and the neighbours tried to stop them but all in vain. The wife later reported that the husband had been beaten in Zambia Compound," Kanjela stated.
She stated that the body of the deceased is in Kafue District Hospital mortuary awaiting postmortem.
- Shakafuswa takes tribe to the House
- OPPOSITION MPs SCORE OWN GOAL
- Pontiano picture angers Ngonis
- B3's Marvin dies
- Musicians start campaign to remove Kapwepwe as NAC chairperson
- Kasama court finds Frank Bwalya with case to answer in his defamation of the President case
- It's evil to campaign on tribal lines - Bwalya
- Those dogs, the Watchdogs
- Sakala brother explains decision to serve God
- Kwacha fall on high side - BoZ