POLICE in Lusaka have arrested a 28-year-old woman for allegedly murdering her husband using a pan brick.
Police spokesperson Elizabeth Kanjela named the woman as Charity Ng'andu and stated that the incident happened after the couple quarrelled in the early hours of yesterday at their home in Kafue's Zambia Compound.
"The incident occurred today the 28th March, 2013 around 05:00 hours. It is believed that the couple had been co-habiting for three months and had a marital dispute which led into a fight. The fight started around midnight and the neighbours tried to stop them but all in vain. The wife later reported that the husband had been beaten in Zambia Compound," Kanjela stated.
She stated that the body of the deceased is in Kafue District Hospital mortuary awaiting postmortem.
- London protestors call for KCM probe
- Police save Hichilema from PF attack
- UPND can't win in 2016 - Nevers
- Running a bar taught me to save - B1
- Cops arrest Kasama man for bestiality with chicken
- Hichilema provoking Sata - State House
- Judge throws out Kanene's application
- Mulenga Sata says trying his best
- UPND to arm itself
- IPI not standing idle on journalists safety