POLICE in Lusaka have arrested a 28-year-old woman for allegedly murdering her husband using a pan brick.
Police spokesperson Elizabeth Kanjela named the woman as Charity Ng'andu and stated that the incident happened after the couple quarrelled in the early hours of yesterday at their home in Kafue's Zambia Compound.
"The incident occurred today the 28th March, 2013 around 05:00 hours. It is believed that the couple had been co-habiting for three months and had a marital dispute which led into a fight. The fight started around midnight and the neighbours tried to stop them but all in vain. The wife later reported that the husband had been beaten in Zambia Compound," Kanjela stated.
She stated that the body of the deceased is in Kafue District Hospital mortuary awaiting postmortem.
- Sata gives Panji white handkerchief
- Sata drops two deputy ministers
- MAGANDE ACCUSES RUPIAH OF CHEATING
- UNZA students on rampage
- KK: Mandela, a blessed child of God
- Sata fires mines PS
- Rupiah regrets maligning me - Shakas
- Ndola woman, 20 kills herself over love
- TIZ praises Sata
- Scott justifies rise in mealie-meal prices