After Zambia's poor showing in the last four games, it is evident that the government must invest in coaching for the betterment of our football national team.
This will make it possible for authorities to easily replace a coach that fails to deliver.
Waiting until the national team starts performing badly to replace a coach will not take our football anywhere.
If, for example, Herve Renard resigned today, knowing FAZ, it would take more than six months to replace him. Investing in coaches can help bring sanity to our game.
Desperation results in engaging a coach without much scrutiny, who in turn demands a huge pay. I recall a similar crisis that led to FAZ employing Burkhard Ziese as Chipolopolo coach.
We all know how Ziese performed as Chipolopolo coach. Let us engage someone with a good record in terms of building a strong team.
Even in schools, for pupils to perform well, they need a good and qualified teacher.
Therefore, for our national team to perform well, we need a good and qualified coach.
Time is running out, and we need to quickly decide whether or not to fire Herve Renard and replace him with a more qualified coach. Let us make a decision now!
- SATA DECLARES 7- DAY NATIONAL MOURNING FOR MANDELA
- Chirwa threatens to renounce his Zambian citizenship
- Govt pardons some nurses
- Sata suspends PS
- Chirwa denounces Kapeya, Atanga
- Bwalya pleads for dismissed nurses
- George Mpombo Jailed
- KK tribute to Mandela: 'This is a deep, collective loss for Africa
- Scott exalts MMD,UPND MPs in govt
- Chirwa a frustrated individual - Atanga