ZESCO United coach Tenant Chembo says his team is determined to rewrite history when the Ndola outfit faces Power Dynamos in Week Five of the MTN/FAZ Super League at Trade Fair grounds in Ndola tomorrow.
Speaking during the weekly pre-match press briefing yesterday, Chembo said it was time his team removed the inferiority tag it wore after losing five times to Power Dynamos which is also sponsored by a power utility, Copperbelt Energy Corporation.
"Losing to Power Dynamos is so painful, always painful but now we are determined and focused. We will take it like it's the last game of the season," Chembo said. "Power is a technical team. They play very good football but this time we are equal to the challenge. You know we are always on the receiving end when we play Power, but this time we want to change that and our players are eager to play this fixture," he said.
Chembo, whose club is the only Zambian team to ever reach the group stage of the lucrative CAF Champions League, said Zesco United had set standards for itself and was seeking a return to continental championships after a three-year absence.
And captain Kondwani Mtonga who accompanied Chembo at the briefing said discipline and hard work would make the difference tomorrow considering the depth that both teams possess.
- Shakafuswa takes tribe to the House
- OPPOSITION MPs SCORE OWN GOAL
- Pontiano picture angers Ngonis
- B3's Marvin dies
- Musicians start campaign to remove Kapwepwe as NAC chairperson
- It's evil to campaign on tribal lines - Bwalya
- Kasama court finds Frank Bwalya with case to answer in his defamation of the President case
- Sakala brother explains decision to serve God
- Those dogs, the Watchdogs
- Kwacha fall on high side - BoZ