NATIONAL team coach Herve Renard has short-listed 162 local players for selection to the Africa Nations Championship (CHAN) and COSAFA teams.
The players who comprise mainly those from the Copperbelt and Midlands are expected to be in Lusaka for the national assessment and selection try-outs from April 23 to 25, 2013.
"This is an undertaking which will result in the constitution of a new development team which will be expected to form the core of our CHAN and COSAFA squads," stated FAZ communications officer Erick Mwanza. "These selected players are not limited to the COSAFA and CHAN squads but we have the Chipolopolo door open for those who make the grade and compete for selection."
Among the players selected are hot striker Bonwell Mwape of Nchanga Rangers, Konkola Blades' midfield maestro Misheck Chaila, Bruce Musakanya, Mukuka Mulenga, Rodrick Kabwe, Ronald Kampamba, Rabson Muchelenganga, Danny Munyau and Thomas Nyirenda.
Zambia is expected to host the COSAFA senior challenge cup this September.
- 'SATA'S HEALTH TALK IS A WASTE OF TIME'
- Kazimu, Kawandami's son in road accident
- Sata visits son Kazimu in South Africa
- Hakainde's conduct pains munkombwe
- mps want pay rise
- Malaysian plane carrying 295 people crashes in Ukraine near Russian border
- Interviewers seek sex from female applicants
- Koffi out to repair image
- Crackdown fails to stop Chibolya marijuana trade
- Sata visits Kazimu in SA