NATIONAL team coach Herve Renard has short-listed 162 local players for selection to the Africa Nations Championship (CHAN) and COSAFA teams.
The players who comprise mainly those from the Copperbelt and Midlands are expected to be in Lusaka for the national assessment and selection try-outs from April 23 to 25, 2013.
"This is an undertaking which will result in the constitution of a new development team which will be expected to form the core of our CHAN and COSAFA squads," stated FAZ communications officer Erick Mwanza. "These selected players are not limited to the COSAFA and CHAN squads but we have the Chipolopolo door open for those who make the grade and compete for selection."
Among the players selected are hot striker Bonwell Mwape of Nchanga Rangers, Konkola Blades' midfield maestro Misheck Chaila, Bruce Musakanya, Mukuka Mulenga, Rodrick Kabwe, Ronald Kampamba, Rabson Muchelenganga, Danny Munyau and Thomas Nyirenda.
Zambia is expected to host the COSAFA senior challenge cup this September.
- SATA DECLARES 7- DAY NATIONAL MOURNING FOR MANDELA
- Chirwa threatens to renounce his Zambian citizenship
- Govt pardons some nurses
- Chirwa denounces Kapeya, Atanga
- Sata suspends PS
- Bwalya pleads for dismissed nurses
- Scott exalts MMD,UPND MPs in govt
- Chirwa a frustrated individual - Atanga
- Salaula is good quality - Sampa
- KK tribute to Mandela: 'This is a deep, collective loss for Africa