NATIONAL team coach Herve Renard has short-listed 162 local players for selection to the Africa Nations Championship (CHAN) and COSAFA teams.
The players who comprise mainly those from the Copperbelt and Midlands are expected to be in Lusaka for the national assessment and selection try-outs from April 23 to 25, 2013.
"This is an undertaking which will result in the constitution of a new development team which will be expected to form the core of our CHAN and COSAFA squads," stated FAZ communications officer Erick Mwanza. "These selected players are not limited to the COSAFA and CHAN squads but we have the Chipolopolo door open for those who make the grade and compete for selection."
Among the players selected are hot striker Bonwell Mwape of Nchanga Rangers, Konkola Blades' midfield maestro Misheck Chaila, Bruce Musakanya, Mukuka Mulenga, Rodrick Kabwe, Ronald Kampamba, Rabson Muchelenganga, Danny Munyau and Thomas Nyirenda.
Zambia is expected to host the COSAFA senior challenge cup this September.
- Pontiano picture angers Ngonis
- B3's Marvin dies
- Afunika thrills Eastpoint
- Kasama court finds Frank Bwalya with case to answer in his defamation of the President case
- Another Nc'wala 'breast picture'
- Those dogs, the Watchdogs
- Sakala brother explains decision to serve God
- Happy Women's Day
- Dandy 'skirts' around Eastpoint
- Kwacha fall on high side - BoZ